Thursday, July 16, 2009

OMFG (2097)



One Must Fall 2097 found it's way into my epic retro machinae through Dosbox about a week ago. It's still such a fun game, even though it's really limited comparing to the standards nowdays. You've got about three special moves and that's it. And semi-imba Jaguar among the cast of robots.
The pilot/robot combo-thingy is pretty neat though; first you select the pilot with different strenght/agility/endurance -attributes and then the robot which brings the special moves with it. So guess there is a bunch of differency available there, in theory at least. Though everyone I know only ever use Steffan, Milano or Shirro.



The epicus maximus musics nearly bring a tear to my joy-filled eye - oh the nostalgy! The Power plant theme, the menu music/OMF theme.. oh man. I'm such a retrosexual nowdays. Guess it's also a reaction to my plans of updating my hardware soon - gotta play the golden oldies while I still can, could be that after that it's mostly smooth L4D and other NEXGEN stuff for me, lots of catching up to do there.



Of course, there's some semi-RPG-like tweaking possibilities in the single player tournament mode. Lookit mah pretty Jaguar, isn't she sweet.



Yee-haw.

---
On a completely different note, Endeavour is up and away, yay ~. NASA TV gave a nice view of the launch tonight that got delayed a few days ago due to bad weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment