Monday, July 28, 2008

HA HA I'M USING THE GLORY DEVICE

phead

So I heard pyramid head is going to have a big role in Silent Hill: Homecoming, formerly known as Silent Hill 5.

GG The Collective, among other brilliant stunts you've pulled this far. Should I get worried, and just how worried, when probably every fan out there knows more about the world than these people who are actually writing an official game about it?
A brief spoiler to explain my nausea; James' subconscious created phead, with a little help from the town of course. So I guess they better have a sassy explanation for this -- the movie was a borderline case as it still was possible to see it just as an adaptation (and since it sucked ass apart from the visual side).
The existences of any incredibly 'clever' twists in plot I do highly doubt, and phead has been just a sad fangirl-magnet ever since the movie.
Dear god, I never get tired of ranting about this, but somehow I do not wish to see phead as some kind of Cid making totally unrelated appearences in every possible game there's gonna be. That's Robbies job anyway.

Come SH2, let's make sweet love in moonlight to reminiscence the neverfading memory of your name's former glory.

2 comments:

  1. Blegh, I really hate that they keep recycling the older stuff. I mean, Phead is amazing, but really, don't they trust SH to keep on pulling in gamers without Phead?
    I hate the attitude these days, that when something sells they make 10000 copies all under a slightly different name. It would be great to get another vision of Silent Hill, without all the recycled baggage.

    I really don't want to see another "remake" of SH 1 and 2. I want a new monster that rivals Phead, and no more child-lost-in-SH-I-gotta-go-get storylines. At least for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed that, something new should come up and quick to save the drowning SH-saga. My only hope lies in the fact that apparently Konami didn't really like what SH5 is becoming and that's why they've changed the name from actual Silent Hill 5 into just SH: Homecoming, and indeed to be just a side project. At least so I've heard.

    Let's hope that Team Silent takes the lead back. Even though.. I have no idea what kind of people there are in Team Silent nowdays.

    ReplyDelete