Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aftermath


So Ropecon was composed of win and fail.
Win on seeing lots of people, neat cosplays, modded ponies (Miller would be proud), relaxing in a sweet sauna and getting familiar with DMC; Detroit Metal City. And writing spells.
Fail for me turning passive under social competitive pressure and for forgetting where I'd put my neat pirate dreadlocks.


I almost had a chance to play DnD 4th ed too, but the schedules were kinda unforgiving in the end. I managed to roll a character though, and fleshen it up a bit. It was really random, I just spanked the system and thought of Kohr-Ah while choosing stuff. The result was one of those star worshipping warlock tieflings. I was going for a human, but the gr1mdark past and wis+cha bonuses got me in the end. I don't know if Khora is playable in any serious way, but I might try. His firm belief in The Eternal Doctrine could cause some issues, not to mention the other plain silly stuff.


So mostly win. Some anxiety for the lack of information, but otherwise I'm alive and awake.








Some random GE-elementalists. At least few months old, but it kinda fits in the mood of rpgs methinks.

--
Also had an evening of Haunting Ground last night. We pushed about half way through during the ~8 hours of intense gaming.

It's funny how HG is still a pretty fun game, even though it's achievements in the plot are pretty lame (and damn it, alchemy-theme sounds initially pretty neat, but the writing is just damn boring) and the genre seems only 'survival' rather than 'survival horror'. There's this feeling present in every plot twist, that perhaps it could seem awful and scary if you were a little girl and it really-really happened to you in real life, but as a game it completely fails to scare me. Daniella has some creepy effects and she's the best character in the game (which isn't that much to say), but pretty much everything about her too is just ripped from other horror titles. Like Silent Hill.
Hewie wins, though. He usually manages to seem like a real dog, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment